Sep 11, 2010

Hand painted wooden bangle tutorial

A simple tutorial on how to make unique bracelets by hand painting wooden bangles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You will need:
-acrylic paint (I used purple,blue and white)
-paint brush
-clear spray paint
-wooden bangle (I got my wooden bangle in the local craft shop)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1.Start by drawing your design with a pencil.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2.Pick your first color and paint away.:)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3.Wait for the paint to dry.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
4.Now fill in the stripes with your second color.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5.With the white acrylic paint draw a thinner line after every stripe.This will make the colors pop out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
6.After the paint is dry,cover the entire bangle with the clear spray-paint.You don't want your design to come off.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
7.Wear with pride! :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. Hi :D I featured your tutorial at my Festival of Frugal Crafts.

    http://tinyscreations.blogspot.com/2010/09/festival-of-frugal-crafts-1.html

    If you would like a "been featured" button, it's at the bottom of the post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Love the way you made the bangle. Cool idea. I have a couple of questions:
    1) Where to purchase Wooden Bangle like the one in your blog? Do you buy them at Micheals/Walmart?
    2) What is clear spray paint? and where do I purchase them.
    These would also make lovely holiday gifts!
    Thank you for your time and response in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this helps!
    To answer your first question: I got my wooden bangles at a local craft store.I'm sure you can find them in any craft store if not,then in an online supplies store.
    2.what I meant by clear spray paint is spray paint that is used for cars.But you can use any varnish for it,it's just to make it shiny and to seal the paint.
    Hope this helps you and be sure to send me some pictures if you make some! :)

    ReplyDelete